Shelley Widhalm has seen her work published in numerous anthologies and outlets.
Shelley’s short story publications include:
- “Quiet Refusal,” published in 2019 in RISE: An Anthology of Change, a collection of short stories, poetry and memoir compiled by Northern Colorado Writers.
- “Points for Senior Citizens,” published in 2017 in Flash!: A Celebration of Short Fiction, volume two of a flash fiction anthology.
- “A Wanted Man,” published in 2015 in Baby Shoes: 100 Stories by 100 Authors, volume one of a flash fiction anthology.
- “What You Says,” published in 1993 in Greyrock Review, a literary journal compiled by Colorado State University.
Shelley’s poetry has made some appearances, such as:
- “Flower Centers,” third place in the adult category, Poudre River Public Library District Battle of the Bards poetry contest, reading April 2017.
- “Wings,” “Twitter Poem” and “Winter Visitors,” selected for the Northern Colorado Writers poetry collection, Sunrise Summits: A Poetry Anthology, published in 2016, launch party and reading November 2016.
- “Where do Poems Hide?” a selection in the Poetry Ahead project in Loveland, Colo., to celebrate National Poetry Month in April 2015 with poems on display through the month.
- “Dad’s Swing Sets,” third place in the adult category, Poudre River Public Library District Battle of the Bards poetry contest, reading April 2015.
- “Catch a Poem,” first place in the adult category, Loveland Business Team Poetry Contest, reading February 2014.
To learn more about Shelley’s work, visit her Amazon author page at https://www.amazon.com/-/e/B081K3B4QJ.
Shelley also is the winner of the 2017 Jerry Eckert Scholarship for the NCW Writers Conference in Fort Collins, Colo., for her 500-word essay, “The Writing Lives of Two Starfish.” The essay describes mentoring a high school student about writing and editing through the Thompson School District 3E program.